- othArt LoweCanadians do not want more debt, deficits and unbalanced budgets. Learn more: www.libertarian.caThu 12:52 pm | British Columbia, Victoria
- othThe Pirate PartySo Canada just signed the TPP. Time to act to make sure it is not ratified, and opposition from Canadians are heard loud and clear. So loud that our government would not have a choice but to tell the U.S. that Canadians have spoken loud and clear against it! http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-internet-transforming-environment-destroying-tpp-has-been-signedThu 4:45 am | ,
- othArt LoweWe are the only party that wants to give Canadians more options when it comes to their healthcare.Tue 1:14 pm | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LoweWe need a government that cuts spending, and lowers taxes on everyone!Jan 29, 2016 8:03 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othThe Pirate PartyAustria, Brazil and Ecuador have recently chosen to extend the franchise to 16- and 17-year-olds and the Scottish Parliament chose in 2014 to give this group the right to vote in a landmark independence referendum. The referendum was a great success where over 100,000 16- and 17-year-old Scots headed to the polls, spurring legislators to permanently lower the voting age. Proponents argue that lowering the voting age reflects the maturity of sixteen year-olds who are allowed to leave school, start working and drive, and it might encourage a higher voter turnout by allowing teens and politicians to speak on issues that affect them.
- othThe Pirate PartyA political party with no leader is now the most popular in Iceland http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/iceland-pirate-party-takes-big-lead-in-polls-ahead-of-election-next-year-a6834366.html
- othArt LoweCanadians want real answers to low interest rates, declining stock markets and low growth. Not just rosy words. Not Photo Opp's Our solution is lower taxes, balanced budgets and fiscal accountability.Jan 26, 2016 9:35 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LoweThe Libertarian Party is the only party that recognizes that growing debt endangers the prosperity of future generationsJan 25, 2016 12:38 pm | British Columbia, Victoria
- othThe Pirate PartyFrom the shadow cabinet of the Pirate Party of Canada: Roadmap to Making Canada a World Economic Powerhouse in the Information Age https://www.pirateparty.ca/2016/01/24/roadmap-to-making-canada-a-world-economic-powerhouse-in-the-information-age/ #cdnecon #cdnpoli #canada
- othArt LoweThe Libertarian Party opposed Bill C-51 immediately, and continues to oppose it under the Liberal Government.Jan 22, 2016 7:46 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LowePrison for life over a single marijuana cigarette? With federal mandatory minimum sentences there are plenty of examples of this horrible injustice. Jury members are not allowed to know the sentences before they hand down verdicts. Billions are wasted per year putting away non-violent offenders for grotesquely inflated sentences. When will it end? The Senate is scheduled to take up a mandatory minimum reform bill this year and today's Liberty Report takes on the injustice and the possibilities to reform the injustice: The Injustice Of Mandatory Minimums http://bit.ly/1nq2SGTJan 21, 2016 4:24 pm | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LoweShould Prime Minister Trudeau use federal tax dollars to bail out the oil and gas industry? Absolutely not. The Libertarian Party opposes all forms of corporate welfare. The solution lies in cutting spending and lowering taxes, not more government.Jan 21, 2016 8:18 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othThe Pirate PartyOur General Meeting is tonight at 8 PM Eastern Time. Joins us at https://pirateparty.ca/chat
- othArt LoweThis is why we are in favour of lowering the corporate tax rate.Jan 19, 2016 1:59 pm | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LoweProperty rights are human rights, and should be protected by the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.Jan 18, 2016 8:33 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LoweLocal Liberty CHAMPION Ken Weibe joins us in the roundtable to talk about gender issues and the government's WAR on the family.Jan 14, 2016 8:22 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othThe Pirate Party"What I do know is the concept [of Basic Income] is the closest thing I've heard of to achieving the type of future I want to live in."
- othThe Pirate PartyLibraries continue to develop ways to keep patron privacy at the forefront of the services they provide, including material accessed through library computers. Macrina’s group encourages libraries to operate “exit nodes” that aid the operation of difficult-to-trace web browser Tor – the Department of Homeland Security attempted to enlist the help of local law enforcement to shut down the project at a New Hampshire library last year, but was thwarted. At a local level, Macrina said, librarians generally understand that the town police and the town library are part of the same town. But when it comes to federal authority, few librarians have qualms about “having an adversarial relationship”.
- othArt LoweIs it fair that a Canadian born today will inherit over $17,000 in federal debt? Is it fair that Trudeau, like Harper before him, will continue to make this number larger? We don't think so!Jan 13, 2016 2:37 pm | British Columbia, Victoria
- othThe Pirate PartyWhile a basic, regular income would increase equality and stability for every homemaker, it's impossible to ignore that most of these homemakers are, in fact, women. But there are male homemakers, and in the same way that patriarchy marginalizes women by pre-prescribing roles and behaviors, the responsively insidious effect that patriarchy has on men is that when they take on the role of homemaker, they're largely seen as obfuscating their perceived role in the workforce. A Pew Research study found that even when 51% of those surveyed said children are "better off" with the mother at home, they only felt the same way about fathers 8% of the time.
- othThe Pirate PartyRIP Bowie
- othArt LoweWe feel that the War on Drugs has been a complete failure.Jan 11, 2016 8:42 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LoweThe Libertarian Party would seek to eliminate government granted monopolies. People should be free to compete in the marketplace!Jan 08, 2016 8:41 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LoweFederal government debt in Canada is expected to grow to $692 billion, an increase of $176 billion between 2007/08 to 2015/16. Canadians need fiscal responsibility in Ottawa, not perpetual deficits and endless debt!Jan 07, 2016 8:59 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LoweBoth the Conservatives and Liberals fail when it comes to realizing that government is not the solution to our problems.Jan 05, 2016 10:56 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LoweDid you know that over $100 billion in tax payer funds were given to the big banks during the recession? The Libertarian Party is the only party that wholeheartedly opposes corporate welfare in all of its forms. Learn more: www.libertarian.ca/ Become a member: www.libertarian.ca/join/Jan 04, 2016 8:55 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othThe Pirate PartyThere’s a lot to say about what we have accomplished in this decade. For starters, the party is ten years old today, and we’re on our second term in the European Parliament. That kind of success borders on ridiculously impossible. We brought a radical copyright monopoly reform proposal into the mainstream – the Pirate Party platform is now an integral part of the platform of the Green party group in the European Parliament. We stopped Three Strikes and made it illegal across Europe, thwarting the copyright industry’s plans of shutting people off the net in the hundreds of thousands. We were instrumental in stopping ACTA, working from inside Parliament while Anonymous and others were staging rallies across European cities. Finally, there’s the Reda report, where Julia Reda – Pirate Member of the European Parliament, elected from Germany – was tasked with formally evaluating what works and what doesn’t work in the European Union copyright monopoly legislation, and who wrote a report on the matter and managed to get the Parliament as a whole to approve it. If somebody had told me a Pirate would be formally in charge of evaluating the copyright monopoly at the European level less than a decade after the Pirate Party’s founding, I’m not sure I would have believed them. But that’s what we’ve done.
- othThe Pirate Party"We remember what happened when we asked, "Who will help us fight against cannabis prohibition?" "Not us," said the unions. "There are a lot of jobs for us in arresting and jailing cannabis users." "Not us," said the corporations. "Legal cannabis would hurt our investments in pharmaceuticals." "Not us," said the politicians. "Instead, we're going to pass stricter laws than ever, because that gets us more votes!" So we did it by ourselves. We used the money from our openly illegal bong shops, seed banks and dispensaries to pay lawyers and cover court costs, chipping away at prohibition one case at a time. Canada's cannabis community doesn't need the liquor unions, or the corporations, or the politicians to take over our industry. We know what we're doing when it comes to growing, distributing and enjoying cannabis. Just get rid of your ridiculous prohibition laws, stop arresting and hassling peaceful people for pot, and leave the rest to us."
- othThe Pirate PartyResearchers have created an algorithm that can accurately detect code written by different programmers (PDF), even if the code has been compiled into an executable binary. Because of open source coding repositories like GitHub, state agencies can build a database of all developers and their coding styles, and then easily compare the coding style used in "anti-establishment" software to detect the culprit. Despite all the privacy implications this research may have, the algorithm can also be used by security researchers to track down malware authors.
- othThe Pirate PartyOpen Source DebIAN founder Ian Murdock has died. Here's his deleted tweet alleging police brutality. (cw: racial slurs) http://pastebin.com/yk8bgru5 Here's Business Insider report giving the police side of the story. http://www.businessinsider.com/debian-founder-ian-murdock-has-died-at-42-2015-12
- othThe Pirate PartyOnce ratified, the agreement will make our markets less free and less competitive, and it will particularly hurt innovation-based entrepreneurship. ..... First, it adds another layer of intellectual property protections, which means broader, longer and deeper limitations on access to, and use of, information. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/rob-commentary/trans-pacific-partnership-is-a-wonderful-idea-for-china/article27939142/ #cdnpoli #TPP #canada #copyright #patent Help remix our government at http://remixgov.ca
- othArt LoweMerry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Libertarian Party of Canada!Dec 25, 2015 8:51 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LoweThe Dairy Board, and the supply management system, nearly caused a national butter shortage....It is time to end government supply management!Dec 21, 2015 12:07 pm | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LoweWouldn't you say it is time for something different?Dec 18, 2015 10:28 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LoweThe big government approach to legalization is going to be a long drawn out process. In the mean time, peaceful recreational and medicinal users will continue to be arrested and jailed for victimless crimes. The Libertarian Party of Canada stands for ending the war on drugs tomorrow.Dec 18, 2015 8:58 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othThe Pirate Partylast minute christmas shopping, anyone?
- othArt LoweDeficit projections keep getting larger and larger. At first, the Trudeau government estimated the deficit to be approximately $10 billion. Now it could be as high as $25 billion. The Libertarian Party is the only federal party dedicated to balanced budgets and fiscal responsibility. Give the gift of liberty this holiday season by donating to the Libertarian Party: www.libertarian.ca/donate/Dec 17, 2015 7:48 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othThe Pirate PartyOur December's General Meeting is starting soon. Please join us at https://pirateparty.ca/chat
- othArt LoweThe NDP world order Bill 6^ to keep farmers in poverty and taking their labor awayDec 15, 2015 4:47 pm | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LoweThe Libertarian Party opposes the policies of perpetual spending and perpetual deficits. Canadians experienced 6 deficits under the Conservatives, and we do not need more of the same from the Liberals.Dec 14, 2015 9:23 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LoweIf you love your liberties and want to keep them, then it time to support libertarians.Dec 14, 2015 8:38 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othThe Pirate PartyAny sophisticated observer of politics already knows that the Left and the Right are houses divided against themselves. On the one hand, the Left consists of an uneasy alliance of top-down technocrats and bottom-up communitarians; on the other, the Right is defined by the tension between past-facing traditionalists and future-facing libertarians.
- othThe Pirate Party"Well, we don’t have an open internet. We haven’t had an open internet for a long time. So, we can’t really talk about the open internet because it does not exist anymore. The problem is, nobody stops anything. We are losing privileges and rights all of the time. We are not gaining anything anywhere. The trend is just going in one direction: a more closed and more controlled internet. That has a big impact on our society. Because they are the same thing today. If you have a more oppressed internet, you have a more oppressed society. So that's something we should focus on. But still we think of the internet like this new kind Wild West place, and things are not in chains yet, so we don’t care because everything will be OK anyhow. But that is not really the case. We have never seen this amount of centralization, extreme inequality, extreme capitalism in any system before. But according to the marketing done by people like Mark Zuckerberg and companies like Google, it's all to help with the open network and to spread democracy, and so on. At the same time, they are capitalistic monopolies. So it’s like trusting the enemy to do the good deeds. It is really bizarre."
- othThe Pirate Partybasic income = freest markets ever
- othArt LoweWe oppose all forms of warrantless surveillance. Join us in defending privacy rights! Become a member: www.libertarian.ca/join/ Donate: www.libertarian.ca/donate/Dec 11, 2015 11:00 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othThe Pirate PartyCan we admit that the war on drugs is a disastrous, wasteful and inhumane policy yet? As Mr. Trudeau says, it's 2015.
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 ... 65 Next »