- othThe Pirate Party"It is simply the case that violence is to eschew dialogue. It is to get rid of that dialogue. So to respond with violence is, in my opinion, a tragedy upon a tragedy upon a tragedy. We will not bomb Syria into peace, at best we will bomb it into submission. Submission is not the same as peace." -ioerror1 hour ago | ,
- othArt LoweThe RCMP is pushing for warrantless access to your subscriber information, again. The Libertarian Party of Canada is the only party dedicated to protecting privacy rights, and ending all forms of warrantless surveillance.9 hours ago | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LoweThats right, in just over 1 month in office, Prime Minister Trudeau has sent over $3 Billion of your tax dollars overseas through new foreign aid promises. The Libertarian Party of Canada is the only party dedicated to ending the practice of government to government foreign aid. We do not believe that we should be taxing Canadians at home only to send that money overseas, for projects that ultimately end up failing. https://www.libertarian.ca/wastewatch/Mon 9:24 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othThe Pirate Party"The real objective is to depict Silicon Valley as terrorist-helpers for the crime of offering privacy protections to Internet users, in order to force those companies to give the U.S. government "backdoor" access into everyone's communications. American intelligence agencies have been demanding "backdoor" access to encryption since the mid-1990s. They view exploitation of the outrage and fear resulting from the Paris attacks as their best opportunity yet to achieve this access."Fri 10:25 pm | ,
- othArt LoweIn order to combat environmental degradation and pollution, developing countries need to become developed, not receive cheques from foreign governments, on the backs of foreign tax payers. Throwing money at problems is never the answer, especially when Canadian tax dollars are being carelessly sent overseas.Fri 10:17 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LoweAre for profit hospitals and universal care at odds? Countries like Germany, Sweden and Switzerland show us that private care is fully compatible with universal care. The Libertarian Party of Canada is the only federal party seeking to legalize private alternatives for Canadians and give Canadians more choice when it comes to their healthcareFri 8:43 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LoweLibertarian Party of Canada - Parti Libertarien du Canada Prime Minister Trudeau likes to use the word "liberty" quite often, but we do not think he really knows what it means. Learn more: www.libertarian.ca Join: www.libertarian.ca/join/Thu 8:37 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LowePrime Minister Trudeau has announced a $13 million commitment in foreign aid to Vietnam's agriculture sector. The Libertarian Party is the only party that opposes government to government foreign aid, and the only party that would seek to end this all together. Learn why foreign aid fails: http://www.cato.org/…/policy…/continuing-failure-foreign-aidWed 8:01 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LoweThe Libertarian Party of Canada is the only party dedicated to giving Canadians more choice when it comes to healthcare! Learn more: www.libertarian.ca/Nov 24, 2015 8:23 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othThe Pirate PartyCreative Commons on how TPP would harm rights and the Commons. https://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/46455 #TPP #copyright
- othArt LoweLibertarian Party of Canada - Parti Libertarien du Canada We strongly oppose corporate welfare and would seek to end all forms of it. Like and share if you agree! Donate: www.libertarian.ca/donate/ Join: www.libertarian.ca/join/Nov 19, 2015 7:58 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othThe Pirate Party"I think what ISIS wants to do is provoke a right-wing backlash against refugees and immigrant communities that come from Islamic countries, because that conflict gives credence to their world view that there is a war between the West and Islam."
- othArt LoweThink about this, the more terrorism committed, the more spying networks world wide interlink together in every country sharing everyone's information, then you lose more liberties, the more city's set on fire or ablaze with acts of terrorism, to watch innocent people die, the more people cry out for government to remove your freedoms for security, and if governments can be convinced to do that, then the more intelligence networks get more power world wide to share and interlink their networks to watch everyone. after all, the new world order has planned this for a long time, which is why western nations have taken to fund and arm more and more terrorists outright in order to get more control over people's lives using fear. So ask yourself who funded and armed terrorists in the first place, then your answer become clear. we all know the US government and it's allies for some time have been funding terrorism, and they don't even mind even admitting it anymore, as it is in your face. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKr6fWv1AScNov 15, 2015 12:56 pm | British Columbia, Victoria
- othThe Pirate PartyEdward Snowden's wide-ranging conversation with the Freedom of the Press Foundation's Micah Lee on operational security for normal people is a must-read for anyone who wants to be safe from identity thieves, stalkers, corrupt governments, police forces, and spy agencies.
- othThe Pirate PartyStephen Harper essentially instructed his cabinet and officials that everything was a secret unless specifically exempted, and such exemptions were exceedingly rare. Harper believed in the old and most elitist vision of democracy: that you govern on behalf of the electors, not at their behest. In other words, once they elect you, what you do is none of their business until the next election.
- othThe Pirate PartyLive from Brazil. The Internet Governance Forum. Hope they keep the non governance factor that lead to free and open innovation and success of the late 20th and early 21st century. https://www.youtube.com/user/igf
- othArt Loweit's admitted now... ISIS was funded and armed by the US government, and yet based on this evil US government foreign policy, Canadians have lost their freedoms based on lies outright called the war on terrorism...Nov 10, 2015 9:52 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othThe Pirate PartyCanada, get familiarize with TPP! Only a huge public outcry can stop it from passing. Stopping TPP is a fight for innovators and the future of our information / knowledge economy. From Jim Balsillie, a businessman who helped build Research in Motion: the deal contains “troubling” rules on intellectual property that threaten to make Canada a “permanent underclass” in the economy of selling ideas. http://globalnews.ca/news/2326744/tpp-deal-worst-thing-that-harper-government-has-done-for-canada-balsillie/ #StopTPP #cdnpoli #TPP
- othArt LoweThe TPP This is not real true free trade... The Liberals, before assuming power, criticized the Conservative government for a lack of transparency regarding what Canada may have given up in the negotiations, although they support the notion of free trade. Justin Trudeau, in a statement on Oct. 5, promised "a full and open public debate in Parliament to ensure Canadians are consulted on this historic trade agreement." The long-awaited text of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal was released on Thursday, revealing the details of a pact aimed at freeing up commerce in 40 per cent of the world's economy but criticized for its opacity. The partners — which in addition to Canada include Australia, Brunei, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, the United States and Vietnam — have made commitments to discourage imports of goods produced by forced labour and to adopt laws on acceptable working conditions, and the first prohibition on harmful fisheries subsidies. But TPP, which will set common standards on issues ranging from workers' rights to intellectual property protection in 12 Pacific nations, was kept largely from public scrutiny, angering transparency advocates concerned over its broad implications. Read the full text of the TPP agreement [PDFs]Nov 07, 2015 10:10 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LoweCorporate welfare has cost Canadian taxpayers nearly three quarters of a trillion dollars over the last 30 years. Enough is enough. Donate: www.libertarian.ca Join: www.libertarian.ca/join/Nov 07, 2015 9:51 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LoweCorporate welfare almost always ends up being a giant waste of taxpayer funds. The Libertarian Party of Canada does not feel that we should be taxing citizens to prop up failed businesses. http://www.macleans.ca/economy/why-corporate-welfare-doesnt-boost-employment/ Learn more: www.libertarian.ca Donate: www.libertarian.ca/donate/Nov 06, 2015 11:12 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othArt LoweThe Libertarian Party of Canada believes that the collection of your private information should be voluntary. Canadians should not be subject to legal penalties for failing to fill out a government census.Nov 06, 2015 11:10 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othThe Pirate Party"We want to remind you: This operation is not about the ideas of members of the Ku Klux Klan. This is about the behaviors of members of KKK splinter cells that bear the hallmarks of terrorism. When members of the KKK like Frazier Glenn Miller, (founder of the Carolina Knights of the Ku Klux Klan and the White Patriot Party) murdered three innocent individuals at a Jewish retirement home during Passover - the word "terrorism" was seldom found in mainstream media's coverage of the attack. Why? What sort of violence does it take to call *some* factions of Ku Klux Klan what *some* of these cells really are? We defend free thought and free speech. The anons responsible for this operation will not support *acts* of terrorism and *acts* of hate inflicted upon the public. The KKK is part of an important cultural landscape and history in the United States. We need to make room for important, blunt, honest, public, productive conversation. Violent bigotry IS a problem in the United States. "
- othArt Lowe1966 was the year when Bombardier received its first subsidy from the federal government: a conditionally repayable contribution for $36.9-million (inflation-adjusted). Since then, Bombardier has continuously lined up for more and more corporate welfare. The Libertarian Party of Canada is the only party dedicated to ending all forms of corporate welfare. Donate: www.libertarian.ca/donate/ Join: www.libertarian.ca/join/Nov 05, 2015 12:18 pm | British Columbia, Victoria
- othThe Pirate PartyTweeted by @CanadaTrade TPP text released by #NewZealand, acting as #TPP depository, available here: http://www.mfat.govt.nz/tppdepositary 24 retweets 4 likes #cdnpoli
- othThe Pirate Party"This year, however, I’m not going to just hold my nose and wait for yet another batch of politicians to over-step their mandate and the public patience. This time, I’m going to take some action. But what does a person do when the political options aren’t adequate? For me the answer is to turn to a party that could represent me. Team Purple. The Pirate Party of Canada."
- othThe Pirate PartyTo kick things off for this new term of government, here's our proposal for Open Internet from the office of our new Innovation, Science & Economic Development Critic. https://www.pirateparty.ca/2015/11/04/pirate-industry-critic-and-former-pirate-candidate-proposes-open-internet-policy/ #cdnpoli #pm23 #trudeaumania #teamtrudeau #remixgov
- othArt LoweAnother bailout, stealing tax dollars of Canadians labor, if our governments don't stop this nonsense, then they must go outright, no more bailoutsNov 03, 2015 8:28 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othThe Pirate PartySpeaking to PC World, Microsoft Corporate Vice President Joe Belfiore explained that Windows 10 is constantly tracking how it operates and how you are using it and sending that information back to Microsoft by default. More importantly he also confirmed that, despite offering some options to turn elements of tracking off, core data collection simply cannot be stopped.
- othThe Pirate Party"The US Pirate Party would love to be able to offer ballot space to Professor Lessig to run as a Pirate candidate, but currently, we unable to do that either. We are unable to do that because the means for getting party registration and ballot access (as well as keeping it) is deliberately made as difficult as possible. We have 50 sets of rules to follow, one for each of the 50 different states, for ballot access, and most are deliberately made difficult to fulfill. In most states, if you then don’t reach some arbitrary goal, be it signatures numbering in the thousands, expenditure limits, or votes won, your party is de-registered and you have to undergo the entire process again. It’s not that a democracy can’t handle multiple parties; in fact, democracy flourishes in direct proportion to the number of parties. It just makes it easier for those in charge of ballot access – usually a partisan elected position such as Secretary of State or Lt. Governor – to restrict the number of parties to reduce any potential threat to their own political well-being. That’s not democracy, that’s outright anti-democratic, the very antithesis of what democratic discourse should be."
- othArt LoweLibertarian Party of Canada - Parti Libertarien du Canada A Liberal majority government has more or less ensured that the outdated Dairy Board won't be going anywhere in the short term. That being said, we remain committed to ending supply management practices so that consumers are no longer gouged via the quota system. Like and Share if you agree! Become a member: www.libertarian.ca/join/ Donate: www.libertarian.ca/donate/Nov 02, 2015 8:33 am | British Columbia, Victoria
- othThe Pirate PartyHappy Halloween! Here are some spooky facts about TPP: Comic Con's and fan convention's creative works would be criminalized under the TPP. h/t OpenMedia: Will the new TPP copyright provisions hurt homemade Halloween costumes and cosplay? https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/will-the-new-tpp-copyright-provisions-hurt-homemade-halloween-costumes-and-cosplay-171608570.html Our related video on TPP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iooHkQ-fo-Y #cdnpoli #TPP #Halloween #copyright #monopoly Help share your ideas for upgrading our government and creating a viable alternative voice in parliament. http://remixgov.ca
- othThe Pirate PartyWe were featured in a bit of satire on the National Post "The Pirate Party was founded by computer nerd file-sharers, which means they have one of the best websites of any of the fringe parties. It also means they have nobody in the room to tell them that it’s not okay to wear fedoras in their official campaign portrait. The party was founded on the principle of loosening copyright laws, although they’ve got other ideas like a guaranteed minimum income, open-source government and other such things that people can’t shut up about on online gaming forums."
- othThe Pirate PartyShout out to our siblings in the Icelandic Pirate Party! Keep it up!
- othThe Pirate PartyTPP will trade away our constitutional rights - Toronto Star opinion piece by two University of Toronto's law professor. http://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2015/10/28/tpp-trades-away-our-constitutional-rights.html Something we've been saying when our TPP info vid was first released. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iooHkQ-fo-Y It is like the C51 of the internet but only worse. #cdnpoli #TPP #remixgov #C51 #StopTPP Join us at http://remixgov.ca to crowdsource ideas for upgrading our democracy and improving our government.
- othThe Pirate PartyUber, Airbnb, on-demand economy and the rise of precarious jobs. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/rise-of-sharing-services-uber-airbnb-points-to-a-precarious-labour-climate/article26968204/ #cdnpoli #economy #remixgov Have a great idea for upgrading our democracy and government for the information age? We want to hear from you. http://remixgov.ca
- othThe Pirate PartyWe need to protect whistleblowers who expose wrongdoing.
- othThe Pirate Party"People will work... on tasks of their choosing, not on paid jobs with which they only barely identify with, if at all. Now that cannot happen if people don't have the means to get the basic resources they need to live with dignity. That's where basic income comes in."
- othThe Pirate PartyNew "O" rating to better inform and prepare audiences for unusual movies, which might not be suitable for all audiences. http://www.theonion.com/article/mpaa-adds-new-rating-warn-audiences-films-not-base-51651
- othThe Pirate PartyDoes copyright law still encourages creation? or is it putting a chilling effect on the freedom to create? This week's CBC's "Podcast Playlist" talks about the chilling effects of current copyright law, referencing the case of Robin Thicke's Blurred line. http://www.cbc.ca/radio/podcastplaylist/episode-17-consuming-culture-1.3277885 The news on that verdict from March of this year http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/blurred-lines-jury-verdict-tests-boundaries-on-copyright-infringement-1.2990930 #cdnpoli #copyright #remixgov http://remixgov.ca
- othThe Pirate PartySpotted in Vancouver... It was either an NDP or Green sign turned inside out.
- othThe Pirate PartyFor anyone who thinks welfare proves otherwise, it doesn't. Because we attach conditions, we actually introduce certain harmful effects. By targeting assistance to households instead of individuals, we create an incentive for the formation of single parent households. By removing assistance as incomes increase, we create an incentive to stay out of the labor market. By giving only to those determined to be deserving, we attach a stigma to the assistance and to its recipient. These are not problems with the provisioning of cash assistance itself. These are problems with the way we go about designing our assistance programs. They are the result of non-universality and the inclusion of conditions that are actually and provably counterproductive.
- othThe Pirate PartyIceland’s Pirate Party keeps on receiving remarkable support in polls. According to a brand new poll by Market and Media Research (MMR), the Pirates have the support of 34.2% of the nation, making it Iceland’s most popular party, 12.5 points larger than the party in second place. The Pirates received 5.1% of votes in the 2013 elections, meaning that support for the party is close to seven times larger now than in the elections. This large support for the Pirates has been very consistent in various polls published this year.
- othArt LoweLibertarian Party of Canada - Parti Libertarien du Canada Worried that your region, province or community doesn't have enough of a say about the political affairs of their area? Our party believes that political power should be decentralized as much as possible. #cdnpoli #wearelibertyOct 23, 2015 2:57 pm | British Columbia, Victoria
- othThe Pirate PartyThis is a good tool to track Trudeau's performance and promises. Kudos to the creator of this site. This is something that can be built-in to an open data system like that suggested in our Open Government and Constituents-Representatives-Interaction-System (C.R.I.S.) policy. https://www.trudeaumetre.ca/
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 ... 63 Next »