- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaLes conservateurs ont négligé les plus grands créateurs d'emplois au Canada. Tom a un plan pour stimuler la création d'emplois dans le secteur manufacturier et au sein des petites entreprises: http://www.npd.ca/nouvelles/tom-mulcair-propose-des-mesures-concretes-afin-daider-la-classe-moyenne
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaTom Mulcair a un plan pour renforcer la classe moyenne et stimuler la création d'emplois. Apprenez-en davantage: http://www.npd.ca/nouvelles/tom-mulcair-propose-des-mesures-concretes-afin-daider-la-classe-moyenne
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaConservatives have neglected Canada's biggest job creators. Tom has a plan to kickstart manufacturing and small business to create good, middle class jobs: http://www.ndp.ca/news/tom-mulcair-proposes-concrete-measures-to-help-middle-class
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaTom Mulcair has a plan to strengthen the middle class and kickstart job creation. Learn more here: http://www.ndp.ca/news/tom-mulcair-proposes-concrete-measures-to-help-middle-class8 hours ago | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaWatch Tom's speech live now. // Regardez le discour de Tom en direct:8 hours ago | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaNous sommes à la recherche d’un concepteur-rédacteur francophone:Mon 1:56 pm | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaWe're looking for a French language copywriter to join our team:Mon 1:55 pm | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaWhat better way to get to know Tom than by watching the game together? Chip in $5 and enter to win: ndp.ca/hockeynightwithtom/fb2Sat 10:47 am | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaQuelle meilleure façon de faire connaissance avec Tom que de regarder un match de hockey ensemble? Contribuez 5 $ et participez au concours pour gagner: npd.ca/soireeduhockeyavectom/fb2Sat 10:47 am | ,
- othThe Pirate Party“The U.S. government decided today that because I did such a good job investigating the cyber-industrial complex, they’re now going to send me to investigate the prison-industrial complex,” Brown said mischievously in a written statement following his sentencing. “For the next 35 months, I’ll be provided with free food, clothes, and housing as I seek to expose wrongdoing by Bureau of Prisons officials and staff and otherwise report on news and culture in the world’s greatest prison system.” “Wish me luck!” he added.Thu 9:30 pm | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaTom’s a huge hockey fan - join him at a hockey game in Ottawa. Chip in $5 or more and you'll be automatically entered: ndp.ca/hockeynightwithtom/fb1Thu 1:57 pm | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaTom est un grand amateur de hockey. Accompagnez-le pour un match de hockey à Ottawa. Contribuez $5 ou plus et votre participation sera entrée automatiquement: npd.ca/soireeduhockeyavectom/fb1Thu 1:55 pm | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaAfter 22 years of Conservative and Liberal cuts, the CBC is struggling to maintain its integrity, independence and quality. Add your name to Tom's plan to protect the CBC: http://www.ndp.ca/protect-our-CBCThu 10:51 am | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaAprès 22 ans de coupes des conservateurs et des libéraux, Radio-Canada n'est plus en mesure de maintenir son intégrité, son indépendance et la qualité de sa programmation. Appuyez le plan de Tom pour protéger Radio-Canada: http://www.npd.ca/protégeons-Radio-CanadaThu 10:51 am | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaAfter 22 years of Conservative and Liberal cuts, the CBC is struggling to maintain its integrity, independence and quality. Add your name to Tom's plan to protect the CBC: http://www.ndp.ca/protect-our-CBCThu 8:30 am | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaAprès 22 ans de coupes des conservateurs et des libéraux, Radio-Canada n'est plus en mesure de maintenir son intégrité, son indépendance et la qualité de sa programmation. Appuyez le plan de Tom pour protéger Radio-Canada: http://www.npd.ca/prot%C3%A9geons-Radio-CanadaThu 8:29 am | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of Canada"If this is the best they can come up with, it could explain why Justin Trudeau prefers not to talk about his ideas."Thu 7:18 am | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of Canada«Si c'est la meilleure idée de Justin Trudeau, on comprend pourquoi il préfère les garder pour lui.»Thu 7:17 am | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaPresident Barack Obama is fighting to give Americans a raise. Thomas Mulcair is fighting here in Canada. Support Tom's plan to #UpTheWage: ndp.ca/UpTheWageWed 2:13 pm | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaLe Président Barack Obama se bat pour augmenter le salaire des Américains. Thomas Mulcair se bat pour augmenter le salaire des Canadiens. Supportez notre plan pour monter le salaire minimum: npd.ca/MonteLeMinimumWed 2:11 pm | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyJoin us tonight at 8pm est for our first general meeting of 2015! The meeting will be held as always on our IRC channel. Details here: https://www.pirateparty.ca/chat/ Non members are welcome to come out and observe. Hope to see you all at the meeting!Wed 2:04 pm | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaDo you agree with President Barack Obama and Thomas Mulcair that childcare should be a national economic priority? If so, add your name to support Tom's plan: ndp.ca/childcare/fb8Wed 11:48 am | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaÊtes-vous d'accord avec le Président Barack Obama et Thomas Mulcair que les services de garderie devraient êtres une priorité économique nationale? Si oui, ajoutez votre nom pour supporter le plan de Tom: npd.ca/garderies/fb8Wed 11:46 am | ,
- othThe Pirate PartySpeaking of putting a chill on freedom of the press and investigative journalist who expose corruptions and wrong doings. New evidence from other UK intelligence documents revealed by Snowden also shows that a GCHQ information security assessment listed “investigative journalists” as a threat in a hierarchy alongside terrorists or hackers. They do have a terrorizing effects on corrupt politicians. http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/19/gchq-intercepted-emails-journalists-ny-times-bbc-guardian-le-monde-reuters-nbc-washington-post
- othThe Pirate PartyWhat does the Five Eyes members, U.S., Australia and U.K, have in common. All are trying to pass laws that could lead to criminalization of information security research into encryption, which is essential for internet security. The updated U.S. CFAA could lead to security researchers being prosecuted as criminals. More expansive than when it was used against Aaron Swartz. U.K.'s PM David Cameron wants to ban all encryption. Australia's DTCA would make open source research on advance encryption illegal.
- othThe Pirate PartyBy the same token, let's keep all our back doors unlocked so that we can easily monitor terrorist hiding in houses. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11356645/Ex-MI6-chief-Sir-John-Sawers-We-cannot-stop-terrorism-unless-we-spy-on-innocent-people.html Mass surveillance does a lot of damage to due process and privacy (e.g. Chilling effect on free expression and free press leading to self-censorship). And it is not going to stop attack from extremist group. e.g. Boston bombing, London bombing despite the large numbers of cameras, etc.
- othThe Pirate PartyLooking for a privacy software? You might have been tagged by the NSA. http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/nsa-reportedly-tracking-any-internet-users-who-research-privacy-software-online-9585250.html
- othThe Pirate PartyUnderstandable that the police wants an easier way to do their job. But if we bypass democratic due process it opens the system to abuses. Asking for democratic due process and preservation of rights is not being idealist. We can afford to be complacent and some would even make fun of people who are fighting for protection of civil rights because we have those rights all these years. http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/the-rcmp-spent-16-million-to-run-an-unconstitutional-spying-program-239
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaSous la gouverne de Stephen Harper, les familles de la classe moyenne ont de la misère à joindre les deux bouts. Contrairement à Justin Trudeau, qui n'a aucun plan pour la classe moyenne, Tom Mulcair a un plan pour réparer les dégâts causés par Stephen Harper et pour rendre la vie plus abordable pour la classe moyenne.
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaUnder Stephen Harper, it's getting harder and harder for middle class families to get by. Unlike Justin Trudeau, who has no plan for the middle class, Tom Mulcair has a plan to fix the damage done by Harper’s Conservatives, and make life more affordable for middle class families.
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaOf all major Canadian parties, NDP governments have the best record for low unemployment: http://www.ndp.ca/news/ndp-reality-check-ndp-has-best-record-creating-and-protecting-jobs-while-government
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaParmi tous les partis politiques, les gouvernements néo-démocrates ont le meilleur bilan pour contrer le chômage: http://www.npd.ca/nouvelles/rappel-des-faits-du-npd-quel-parti-le-meilleur-bilan-en-matiere-demploi-lorsquil-forme-le
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaAs Canada’s first budget watchdog, Kevin Page helped keep Ottawa honest. Listen to what he had to say to our team last week:
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaTout premier chien de garde des finances fédérales, l’ancien directeur parlementaire du budget, Kevin Page, s’est battu pour la transparence à Ottawa. Écoutez son discours au caucus du NPD:
- othThe Pirate PartyJoin us this Wednesday January 21st at 8pm est for our first general meeting of 2015! The party has been busy, and there is a lot to discuss as we head into this election year. The meeting will be held as always on our IRC channel. Details here: https://www.pirateparty.ca/chat/ Non members are welcome to come out and observe. Also, just a reminder that nominations for the political council are still open and can be made here: https://my.pirateparty.ca/forum/119 Feel free to nominate someone or yourself, or post a question or comment to one of the nominees. Voting is to be held this month, and details are to follow. Hope to see you all at the meeting!
- othThe Pirate PartyThe implications of these types of strategies in the digital age are chilling. Imagine Facebook chats, porn viewing history, emails, and more made public to discredit a leader who threatens the status quo, or used to blackmail a reluctant target into becoming an FBI informant. These are not far-fetched ideas. They are the reality of what happens when the surveillance state is allowed to grow out of control, and the full King letter, as well as current intelligence community practices illustrate that reality richly. The newly unredacted portions shed light on the government’s sordid scheme to harass and discredit Dr. King. One paragraph states: "No person can overcome the facts, no even a fraud like yourself. Lend your sexually psychotic ear to the enclosure. You will find yourself and in all your dirt, filth, evil and moronic talk exposed on the record for all time. . . . Listen to yourself, you filthy, abnormal animal. You are on the record."
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaDes gouvernements néo-démocrates sont les meilleurs gestionnaires avec un record de 44,8% de budgets équilibrés. Les conservateurs sont 2e avec 41,6%. Pour plus d'infos: http://www.npd.ca/nouvelles/rappel-des-faits-du-npd-les-neo-democrates-toujours-les-meilleurs-gestionnaires-fiscaux
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaNDP governments have been the best fiscal managers with a 44.8% record of balancing the budget. Conservatives come in second, with 41.6% record of balanced budgets. Learn more: http://www.ndp.ca/news/ndp-reality-check-ndp-still-best-fiscal-managers-liberals-are-worst-finance-canada
- othThe Pirate PartyIn 2011, I wrote a book, With Liberty and Justice for Some, that examined the two-tiered justice system prevailing in the U.S.: how the U.S. imprisons more of its citizens than any other country in the world (both in absolute numbers and proportionally) often for trivial transgressions, while immunizing its political and economic elites for even the most egregious crimes. Matt Taibbi’s book, The Divide, examines the same dynamic with a focus on the protection of economic elites and legal repression of ordinary citizens in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis. This latest example from Feinstein is one of the most vivid yet. She wanted Julian Assange – who isn’t even a U.S. citizen and never served in the U.S. Government – prosecuted for espionage for exposing war crimes, and demanded that Edward Snowden be charged with “treason” for exposing illegal eavesdropping which shocked the world. But a four-star general who leaked classified information not for any noble purpose but to his mistress for personal reasons should be protected from any legal consequences.
- othThe Pirate PartyInstead of stopping the abuse of CFAA, which was used to bully Aaron Swartz, Obama is making it worse and an internet users could be unwittingly labeled a hackers and treated like a felon. thenextweb.com/insider/2015/01/15/obamas-proposed-hacking-law-unwittingly-make-criminal/
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaInstead of finding practical solutions to help families, Conservative ministers cherry-pick job numbers: http://www.ndp.ca/news/employment-minister-jason-kenney-reacts-to-poor-job-numbers-la-la-la-i-cant-hear-you
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaAu lieu de trouver des solutions pratiques pour aider les familles, les ministres conservateurs utilisent des statistiques qui leur conviennent: http://www.npd.ca/nouvelles/reaction-du-ministre-de-lemploi-jason-kenney-aux-resultats-desolants-sur-lemploi-na-na-na
- othThe Pirate PartyOur current democratic models are crumbling and outdated. We need to make something more real and meaningful. Activist and politician Birgitta Jónsdóttir points to how it might be done. - See more at: http://newint.org/features/2015/01/01/democracy-digital-era-keynote/#sthash.aK2IrlFm.dpuf
- othThe Pirate PartyFreedom of expression is obviously non-negotiable, but the cynical opportunism of political leaders to increase surveillance and limit civil liberties after a violent attack like this has to be stood up to. We cannot trade freedom for security. What do you think of Charlie Hebdo's blasphemous comics and all that has happened as a result of them?
- othThe Pirate PartyThe latest survey found that writers living in liberal democratic countries "have begun to engage in self-censorship at levels approaching those seen in non-democratic countries, indicating that mass surveillance has badly shaken writers' faith that democratic governments will respect their rights to privacy and freedom of expression, and that—because of pervasive surveillance—writers are concerned that expressing certain views even privately or researching certain topics may lead to negative consequences."