- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaReserve your spot at the NDP Federal Convention in Edmonton from April 8th – 10th. Get up to $100 off when you register before Monday’s early-bird deadline. #yeg201612 hours ago | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaYesterday, Nathan Cullen proposed a representative and democratic process for considering changes to Canada’s voting system. No one party should have the power to unilaterally change the foundation of our democratic institutions.16 hours ago | ,
- othFri 2:20 am | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaThe democratic reform process ahead is an historic opportunity to engage with Canadians to fix our outdated voting system that leaves too many Canadians feeling like their vote doesn’t count.Thu 1:31 pm | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaJim Balsillie, the former co-CEO of Research in Motion, now known as Blackberry, is adamant that ratifying the TPP would be Canada's worst foreign policy move.Thu 12:17 pm | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of Canada"It's 2016, and there's no excuse for the fact that women in Canada continue to make substantially less than men. We want the Liberal government to back its words with real action.” —NDP Status of Women Critic Sheila Malcolmson (Nanaimo—Ladysmith)Thu 8:00 am | ,
- othThe Pirate PartySo Canada just signed the TPP. Time to act to make sure it is not ratified, and opposition from Canadians are heard loud and clear. So loud that our government would not have a choice but to tell the U.S. that Canadians have spoken loud and clear against it! http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-internet-transforming-environment-destroying-tpp-has-been-signedThu 4:45 am | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaThe Liberals are in New Zealand today with the intention of signing the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a Conservative trade deal negotiated in secret. Tens of thousands of Canadian jobs are at risk. Add your voice before it’s too late.Wed 1:17 pm | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaCanadian women continue to make just 77 cents for every dollar a man makes. It doesn’t have to be this way and it’s time for action. Tell the Liberal government you want action now to close the wage gap -- because, after all, it is 2016.Tue 7:03 am | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaThe Liberal government is planning to sign the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a Conservative trade deal that will kill up to 60,000 good Canadian jobs. Help send a clear message and stop this bad deal.Sun 8:35 am | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyAustria, Brazil and Ecuador have recently chosen to extend the franchise to 16- and 17-year-olds and the Scottish Parliament chose in 2014 to give this group the right to vote in a landmark independence referendum. The referendum was a great success where over 100,000 16- and 17-year-old Scots headed to the polls, spurring legislators to permanently lower the voting age. Proponents argue that lowering the voting age reflects the maturity of sixteen year-olds who are allowed to leave school, start working and drive, and it might encourage a higher voter turnout by allowing teens and politicians to speak on issues that affect them.
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaJoin us in Edmonton at the Federal Convention on April 8th – 10th as we tackle the issues that matter most to Canadians. Until February 8th, you’ll get up to $100 off with the early-bird paperless registration. Confirm your attendance now before this offer ends. #yeg2016
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaJoignez-vous à nous lors du congrès du NPD fédéral du 8 au 10 avril prochain afin de discuter les enjeux qui traceront la voie à suivre. D’ici le 8 février, obtenez jusqu’à 100 $ de rabais en vous inscrivant comme délégué écolo. Confirmez votre présence maintenant avant que cette offre ne se termine. #yeg2016
- othThe Pirate PartyA political party with no leader is now the most popular in Iceland http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/iceland-pirate-party-takes-big-lead-in-polls-ahead-of-election-next-year-a6834366.html
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaTom Mulcair talks about the economy, the Trans-Pacific Partnership, sustainable development, and the 42nd Parliament.
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaLast year, Canada’s big banks made record profits and handed out billions in bonuses to executives while eliminating over 4,600 good-paying jobs. It’s no wonder that the gap between the wealthy and everyone else is growing.
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaL’an dernier, les banques canadiennes ont fait des profits record et ont remis des milliards de dollars de bonis, pendant qu’elles éliminaient plus de 4 600 emplois bien rémunérés. Ce n’est pas surprenant de voir le fossé entre les riches et le reste de la population canadienne s’approfondir.
- ndpNew Democratic Party of Canada"There’s no equality of opportunity when the deck is stacked against you.” Tom Mulcair to focus on inequality:
- othThe Pirate PartyFrom the shadow cabinet of the Pirate Party of Canada: Roadmap to Making Canada a World Economic Powerhouse in the Information Age https://www.pirateparty.ca/2016/01/24/roadmap-to-making-canada-a-world-economic-powerhouse-in-the-information-age/ #cdnecon #cdnpoli #canada
- othThe Pirate PartyOur General Meeting is tonight at 8 PM Eastern Time. Joins us at https://pirateparty.ca/chat
- ndpNew Democratic Party of Canada"Canadians deserve better," said Mulcair of a deal that he said was signed in secret by former Prime Minister Stephen Harper but rejected by even U.S. Republicans as well as Hillary Clinton.
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaJoin thousands of New Democrats at our federal convention in Edmonton on April 8th – 10th as we build a strong, united, progressive opposition. Register today and you’ll get up to $100 off with the paperless early bird-rate. #yeg2016
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaLes 8, 9 et 10 avril, venez rencontrer des milliers de néo-démocrates au congrès fédéral du NPD pour bâtir ensemble une opposition progressiste, robuste et unie. Inscrivez-vous aujourd’hui pour économiser jusqu’à 100 $ grâce au tarif offert pour l’inscription hâtive sans papier. #yeg2016
- othThe Pirate Party"What I do know is the concept [of Basic Income] is the closest thing I've heard of to achieving the type of future I want to live in."
- othThe Pirate PartyLibraries continue to develop ways to keep patron privacy at the forefront of the services they provide, including material accessed through library computers. Macrina’s group encourages libraries to operate “exit nodes” that aid the operation of difficult-to-trace web browser Tor – the Department of Homeland Security attempted to enlist the help of local law enforcement to shut down the project at a New Hampshire library last year, but was thwarted. At a local level, Macrina said, librarians generally understand that the town police and the town library are part of the same town. But when it comes to federal authority, few librarians have qualms about “having an adversarial relationship”.
- libLiberal Party ManitobaCome out tonight to talk with our Winnipeg South Centre MPJan 13, 2016 8:55 am | Manitoba,
- othThe Pirate PartyWhile a basic, regular income would increase equality and stability for every homemaker, it's impossible to ignore that most of these homemakers are, in fact, women. But there are male homemakers, and in the same way that patriarchy marginalizes women by pre-prescribing roles and behaviors, the responsively insidious effect that patriarchy has on men is that when they take on the role of homemaker, they're largely seen as obfuscating their perceived role in the workforce. A Pew Research study found that even when 51% of those surveyed said children are "better off" with the mother at home, they only felt the same way about fathers 8% of the time.
- othThe Pirate PartyRIP Bowie
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaJoin our telephone town hall on January 21st to debrief on the election campaign and share ideas for what’s next. RSVP today.
- othThe Pirate PartyThere’s a lot to say about what we have accomplished in this decade. For starters, the party is ten years old today, and we’re on our second term in the European Parliament. That kind of success borders on ridiculously impossible. We brought a radical copyright monopoly reform proposal into the mainstream – the Pirate Party platform is now an integral part of the platform of the Green party group in the European Parliament. We stopped Three Strikes and made it illegal across Europe, thwarting the copyright industry’s plans of shutting people off the net in the hundreds of thousands. We were instrumental in stopping ACTA, working from inside Parliament while Anonymous and others were staging rallies across European cities. Finally, there’s the Reda report, where Julia Reda – Pirate Member of the European Parliament, elected from Germany – was tasked with formally evaluating what works and what doesn’t work in the European Union copyright monopoly legislation, and who wrote a report on the matter and managed to get the Parliament as a whole to approve it. If somebody had told me a Pirate would be formally in charge of evaluating the copyright monopoly at the European level less than a decade after the Pirate Party’s founding, I’m not sure I would have believed them. But that’s what we’ve done.
- othThe Pirate Party"We remember what happened when we asked, "Who will help us fight against cannabis prohibition?" "Not us," said the unions. "There are a lot of jobs for us in arresting and jailing cannabis users." "Not us," said the corporations. "Legal cannabis would hurt our investments in pharmaceuticals." "Not us," said the politicians. "Instead, we're going to pass stricter laws than ever, because that gets us more votes!" So we did it by ourselves. We used the money from our openly illegal bong shops, seed banks and dispensaries to pay lawyers and cover court costs, chipping away at prohibition one case at a time. Canada's cannabis community doesn't need the liquor unions, or the corporations, or the politicians to take over our industry. We know what we're doing when it comes to growing, distributing and enjoying cannabis. Just get rid of your ridiculous prohibition laws, stop arresting and hassling peaceful people for pot, and leave the rest to us."
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaTom Mulcair sat down in CTV Studios to discuss the NDP's path moving forward. Check out the full interview here:
- othThe Pirate PartyResearchers have created an algorithm that can accurately detect code written by different programmers (PDF), even if the code has been compiled into an executable binary. Because of open source coding repositories like GitHub, state agencies can build a database of all developers and their coding styles, and then easily compare the coding style used in "anti-establishment" software to detect the culprit. Despite all the privacy implications this research may have, the algorithm can also be used by security researchers to track down malware authors.
- othThe Pirate PartyOpen Source DebIAN founder Ian Murdock has died. Here's his deleted tweet alleging police brutality. (cw: racial slurs) http://pastebin.com/yk8bgru5 Here's Business Insider report giving the police side of the story. http://www.businessinsider.com/debian-founder-ian-murdock-has-died-at-42-2015-12
- othThe Pirate PartyOnce ratified, the agreement will make our markets less free and less competitive, and it will particularly hurt innovation-based entrepreneurship. ..... First, it adds another layer of intellectual property protections, which means broader, longer and deeper limitations on access to, and use of, information. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/rob-commentary/trans-pacific-partnership-is-a-wonderful-idea-for-china/article27939142/ #cdnpoli #TPP #canada #copyright #patent Help remix our government at http://remixgov.ca
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaWith your donation before the December 31st deadline, you’ll help kick-off a new year with a strong, progressive opposition working for you.
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaEn faisant un don avant l’échéance du 31 décembre, vous nous aiderez à commencer l’année du bon pied.
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaWishing you a very Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season. Le NPD vous souhaite un très beau Noël et une bonne et heureuse année 2016.
- othThe Pirate PartyOur December's General Meeting is starting soon. Please join us at https://pirateparty.ca/chat
- othThe Pirate PartyAny sophisticated observer of politics already knows that the Left and the Right are houses divided against themselves. On the one hand, the Left consists of an uneasy alliance of top-down technocrats and bottom-up communitarians; on the other, the Right is defined by the tension between past-facing traditionalists and future-facing libertarians.
- othThe Pirate Party"Well, we don’t have an open internet. We haven’t had an open internet for a long time. So, we can’t really talk about the open internet because it does not exist anymore. The problem is, nobody stops anything. We are losing privileges and rights all of the time. We are not gaining anything anywhere. The trend is just going in one direction: a more closed and more controlled internet. That has a big impact on our society. Because they are the same thing today. If you have a more oppressed internet, you have a more oppressed society. So that's something we should focus on. But still we think of the internet like this new kind Wild West place, and things are not in chains yet, so we don’t care because everything will be OK anyhow. But that is not really the case. We have never seen this amount of centralization, extreme inequality, extreme capitalism in any system before. But according to the marketing done by people like Mark Zuckerberg and companies like Google, it's all to help with the open network and to spread democracy, and so on. At the same time, they are capitalistic monopolies. So it’s like trusting the enemy to do the good deeds. It is really bizarre."
- othThe Pirate Partybasic income = freest markets ever
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaThe results of this study make clear what many parents have known for years: that affordable and accessible child care is incredibly hard to find. It’s time for this government drop its opposition to a universal childcare program.
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaDonald Trump’s recent proposal that the U.S. ban immigrants and visitors on the basis of their religion is unacceptable. Canada is a proud multicultural country, and we must always speak out against hate and discrimination.
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 ... 153 Next »