- othThe Pirate Party"Ottawa's privacy watchdog says there's no way to investigate if the RCMP complied with privacy laws in requesting Canadians' personal info without warrant." http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/10/30/rcmp_failed_to_keep_records_on_warrantless_access_watchdog_says.html14 hours ago | ,
- ndp18 hours ago | ,
- ndp18 hours ago | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyPirate Bay founder Gottfrid Svartholm Found Guilty http://torrentfreak.com/gottfrid-svartholm-found-guilty-in-hacking-trial-141030/20 hours ago | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaLe NPD dépose un projet de loi qui vise à mettre en place une Charte des droits environnementaux et à consacrer sous forme légale les droits des Canadiens ainsi que les responsabilités du gouvernement fédéral en matière de protection de l’environnement.Wed 1:17 pm | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaThe NDP is introducing an Environmental Bill of Rights to legally enshrine environmental rights for Canadians and the duty of the federal government to take action to protect the environment.Wed 1:15 pm | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaNous sommes heureux de vous annoncer que la séance d'information avec a été reprogrammé: Megan Leslie répondra à vos questions sur les changements climatiques lors d'une séance d’information qui aura lieu jeudi à 20h30 (heure de l'Est), 5:30 (heure du Pacifique). Visitez fb.com/NDP.NPD pour participer.Wed 12:02 pm | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaWe're happy to announce that the live Facebook Q&A has been rescheduled: Megan Leslie will take your questions on climate change in a Facebook Q&A, Monday at 8:30 ET, 5:30 PT. Visit fb.com/NDP.NPD to take part.Wed 11:56 am | ,
- othThe Pirate Party"The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) today released a new report and scorecard that shows what online service providers are doing to protect users from baseless copyright and trademark complaints." https://www.eff.org/press/releases/which-service-providers-side-users-ip-disputesTue 4:43 pm | ,
- ndpTue 12:21 pm | ,
- ndpTue 12:20 pm | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyAn Ottawa Citizen / Montreal Gazette article with more quotes from Glenn Greenwald: Government exploiting attacks to push security agenda. http://www.montrealgazette.com/News/canada/Government+exploits+attacks+military+push+security+agenda/10326486/story.html #cdnpoli #canadaSun 6:35 pm | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyAgree that ""By the time most works fall into the public domain, they have lost virtually all their use value." But disagree that copyright wars is between creators and consumers. It is mostly between copyright holders, who paid only small percentage of profit to creators, and the public. http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/10/20/crooner-rights-spatSun 5:29 pm | ,
- othSun 5:17 pm | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyFor those who have missed it, the recorded video from Glenn Greenwald talk at Ottawa is now online. http://rabble.ca/news/2014/10/watch-glenn-greenwald-live-ottawa-on-saturday-october-25Sun 10:08 am | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyGlenn Greenwald speaking at Ottawa yesterday criticized PM Harper for "exploiting emotions" and announcing fast tracking of spying bill hours after shooting. www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/10/23/glenn-greenwald-canada_n_6037434.htmlSun 9:59 am | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyDan Delmar: Terrorism takes two: Terrorists and the terrorized http://www.cjad.com/blog/the-exchange/2014/10/23/terrorism-takes-two-terrorists-and-the-terrorized #cdnpoli #canadaSun 9:55 am | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyGlenn Greenwald Ottawa talk have wrapped up. Check Twitter hashtag YOWgreenwaldtalk for higlights tweet from the talk. https://twitter.com/hashtag/yowgreenwaldtalk?f=realtime&src=hash Rabble.ca and openmedia.ca will have video and audio recording.Sat 5:42 pm | ,
- othThe Pirate Party"Oh, and some other Canadian politicians are already looking for ways to use this as an excuse to attack free speech online, because obviously that's the real problem here" https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20141024/15082428934/canadian-american-politicians-use-ottawa-shootings-as-excuses-to-demand-more-surveillance-greater-policing-powers.shtmlSat 4:50 pm | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyLivestream of Glenn Greenwald talks live from Ottawa about to begin. https://openmedia.ca/greenwaldlive #cdnpoli #privacy #snowden #c13 #s4 #canada #OttawaSat 3:26 pm | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyCrowdfunded journalist Jesse Brown Canadaland's exclusive: CBC "stonewalled" Snowden story, says Greenwald http://canadalandshow.com/article/exclusive-cbc-stonewalled-snowden-story-says-greenwaldSat 11:05 am | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyGlenn Greenwald (the main journalist behind the report on Snowden's leak) speaks tonight at Ottawa. Livestream here. https://openmedia.ca/greenwaldlive h/t OpenMedia.ca This is more relevant than ever as the government is planning to rushed through privacy busting legislations. We need a thoughtful, open, and democratic discussion on giving up our rights out of fear for terrorism.Sat 10:37 am | ,
- libLiberal Party ManitobaI would like to extend heart felt gratitude to liberal leader Justin Trudeau on behalf of myself and my fellow Muslim Canadians in regards to the recent events that occurred in our nation. As an educated Muslim Canadian I would like to make it very clear that the abhorrent acts which have been carried out recently in our nation are in no way supported by the Muslim community, or influenced by the religion of Islam. Islam, just as any religion, is one of peace and prosperity. The constant misconceptions of Islam and the Muslim community are not only demeaning to religion and faith, but are creating a divide in our nation and amongst our citizens during a time where we should instead be uniting together and standing as one. Though I stand by my nation in sadness and remembrance of the losses we have faced, I must note that it is unfortunate to see the continuous negative portrayal of Islam by the media. It is even more disheartening to know that this negativity is supported by my very own fellow Canadians as well. These recent acts have not only threatened our nation, but have misrepresented Islam - as do the acts carried out by ISIS and other terrorist groups across the middle east. It upsets me that the words terror, terrorism and terrorist are still being affiliated with the religion of Islam, and the Muslim community. It is very important to understand that the true meaning of terror has nothing to do with culture, religion or group affiliation. Terror is simply the word which describes fear. Fear which can take place anywhere, at anytime and by anyone. We cannot allow for such irrational fear to take over our sensible courage, and we cannot become fragile under such pressures which will only result in our divide and separation from the truth. Pointing fingers in one constant direction will never allow us to realize where the true problem lies, and in turn will not move us towards the direction if justice that our nation has been fundamentally built upon. As an active volunteer and supporter of the liberal party of Canada I stand tall in expressing the message of Mr.Trudeau, and can confidently speak on behalf of the Muslim community that we hope this message will be taken into consideration by all Canadian citizens in order to restore the true meaning that the religion of Islam stands by, and the peace that Muslims in Canada, and all across the world - stand for and will continue to support. And I urge all my fellow citizens to open their minds and hearts to do the same, and stray away from the ignorance and misrepresentation portrayed otherwise by the government and media. Let us walk together, and not apart. "To our friends and fellow citizens in the Muslim community, Canadians know acts such as these committed in the name of Islam are an aberration of your faith. Continued mutual cooperation and respect will help prevent the influence of distorted ideological propaganda posing as religion. We will walk forward together, not apart." http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=52PU20r0Ft #Islam #peace #muslimsofcanada #islamincanada #canadianmuslim #liberalpartyofcanada #liberalsofontario #liberalparty #ottawa #canada #canadian Justin Trudeau Liberal Party of Canada in British Columbia Liberal Party of Canada - Manitoba Liberal Party of Canada (Saskatchewan) Liberal Party of Canada National Headquarters Young Liberals of Canada / Jeunes libéraux du Canada Party of Canada | Parti libéral du Canada Miss World Canada Yukon Liberal Party Muslim Community Association Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) Islam Daily Understanding Islam Academy CanadaFri 11:49 pm | Manitoba,
- othThe Pirate PartyIt's Open Access Week! This 8 minute video explains just what open access is all about: "I believe that science spreads and increases best when there are no restrictions to access. I want discovery to happen faster, and openness helps accelerate that." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5rVH1KGBCY&feature=youtu.be
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaToday is Thomas Mulcair's birthday. Sign the card and wish him a good one: http://ndp.ca/happy-birthday-tom/fb1
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaC’est l’anniversaire de Thomas Mulcair. Signez la carte et faites-lui part de vos vœux : http://npd.ca/bonne-fete-thomas/fb1
- ndpNew Democratic Party of Canada"We woke up this morning in a country blessed by love, diversity and peace, and tomorrow we will do the same." Last night's speech:
- othThe Pirate Party"If our leaders feed anxiety, rational discussion about individual privacy is tougher as spy agencies get more powers." http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/10/21/as_terror_fear_mounts_privacy_safeguards_are_needed_tim_harper.html
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaTonight's live Q&A with Megan Leslie on climate change is cancelled, and will be rescheduled for a later date. Thank you for your understanding.
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaLa séance d'information avec Megan Leslie sur les changements climatiques est annulée et sera reportée à une date ultérieure. Nous vous remercions de votre compréhension.
- ndpNew Democratic Party of Canada''My fellow Canadians, We woke up this morning in a country blessed by love, diversity and peace, and tomorrow we will do the same. Here is my message to you following today's brutal and cowardly act.''
- ndpNew Democratic Party of Canada''Bonsoir à tous Nous nous sommes levés ce matin dans un pays d’amour, de diversité et de paix, et ce sera pareil demain. Mon message suite à l'acte de haine et de brutalité d'aujourd'hui.''
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaThomas Mulcair is safe and no longer in Centre Block. // Thomas Mulcair est en sécurité.
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaMegan Leslie will take your questions on climate change in a Facebook Q&A, Thursday at 8:30 ET. Visit fb.com/NDP.NPD to take part.
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaMegan Leslie répondra à vos questions sur les changements climatiques lors d'une séance d’information qui aura lieu jeudi à 20h30 (heure de l'Est). Visitez fb.com/NDP.NPD pour participer.
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaWish Tom a happy birthday! Sign the card: ndp.ca/happy-birthday-tom
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaSouhaitez un joyeux anniversaire à Thomas! Signez la carte: npd.ca/bonne-fete-thomas