- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaGet the latest from the road - follow Tom Mulcair on Instagram: https://instagram.com/tommulcair/8 hours ago | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyWhile we may admire whistleblowers and celebrate their bravery, we don’t seem to want to help those who struggle for years. The message for many who are forced to go outside their organisation is clear: you may never work in your industry again because of your disclosure, and there is zero financial support available to help you. How does this happen? We know that whistleblowers who go public tend to experience a subtle, informal kind of blacklisting in their industry.8 hours ago | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyIreland has voted to legalize gay marriage. Will change constitution to permit same-sex marriage. http://metronews.ca/news/world/1376198/both-sides-say-ireland-has-voted-to-legalize-gay-marriage/12 hours ago | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyIt won’t be a big surprise if several more Pirate Bay domain names are suspended during the days and weeks to come. That’s a Whac-A-Mole game the site’s operators are all too familiar with now, but one that won’t bring the site to its knees.13 hours ago | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of Canada"Especially proud of my Irish roots today. A clear progressive message from voters & resounding victory for equality. Particulièrement fier de mes racines irlandaises - un message clair et une victoire d'importance pour l'égalité." - Tom Mulcair, Leader of Canada’s NDP / Le NPD du Canada14 hours ago | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyThis week, there have been stories about farmers who can’t legally repair their John Deere tractors, as copyright monopoly legislation prohibits tampering with computer code in something you own. This has been described as an “unexpected side effect” of the copyright monopoly legislation in general and the DMCA/EUCD in particular. That’s wrong. It’s not a side effect and it’s not unexpected. That is exactly what those laws intended to accomplish. Being locked out of your own possessions is not a side effect – it was the central point of the legislation and its core purpose.Fri 1:21 pm | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaMomentum continues to build for Tom Mulcair’s hopeful and optimistic message - here’s what the pundits and political watchers were saying this week:Fri 10:06 am | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaOn peut sentir un véritable intérêt envers le message d’espoir et d’optimisme de Tom Mulcair. Voici ce que les experts et les observateurs politiques ont dit :Fri 10:04 am | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaSomething is happening out there - and we want you to be part of it. Add your name today and say you're ready to make history.Fri 8:21 am | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaNous pouvons faire élire le premier gouvernement NPD du Canada, mais nous devrons travailler ensemble dès maintenant.Fri 8:18 am | ,
- othThe Pirate PartySecret wars! Diplomats as spies! Wikileaks has told us so much!Thu 12:30 pm | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaA team of grassroots NDP donors are offering to match whatever you give today. Chip in now:Thu 10:24 am | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of Canada"This is about fairness. The cuts to home delivery impact seniors and persons living with disabilities the most. For them, this service is essential."Thu 8:50 am | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of Canada« Il s’agit pour nous d’une question d’équité. Ces coupes affectent le plus les aînés et les personnes à mobilité réduite. Pour ces personnes, il s’agit d’un service essentiel. » - Alexandre Boulerice NPDThu 8:47 am | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyHooray for informed artists! Sharing is caring!Wed 6:48 pm | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaReady to replace Stephen Harper's Conservatives with an NDP government led by Tom Mulcair? Sign on to say you're in:Wed 1:15 pm | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaNous pouvons faire élire le premier gouvernement NPD du Canada, mais nous devrons travailler ensemble dès maintenant.Wed 12:54 pm | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaVIDEO: After their historic victory in 2011, the NDP’s “McGill 4” worked hard to put down roots in their communities. Watch their interview with Canada AM this morning.Wed 8:52 am | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of Canada"Now, as Canadians begin focusing on the next vote, it is the NDP that offers the clean break from a tired government in its 10th year."Wed 6:49 am | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of Canada"Tom Mulcair announced earlier this year that an NDP government would scrap the tax break entirely ... Mulcair promised to direct the revenue savings — possibly hundreds of millions of dollars a year — to the poor."Wed 6:13 am | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyPlease join us for our May's General Meeting tomorrow at 8 pm EDT via IRC or https://pirateparty.ca/chat. Non-members are welcomed to observe.Tue 6:17 pm | ,
- libTue 4:33 pm | Manitoba,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaWATCH: Tom Mulcair shares his plan for a stronger middle class with Surrey, BC. Here are the highlights:Tue 1:39 pm | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaThe Conservative government's muzzling of Canadian scientists must stop. Add your name to stand up for science:Tue 12:02 pm | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaArrêtons les attaques contre la science et recommençons à innover.Tue 12:01 pm | ,
- othThe Pirate Party"Contrary to the industry claims, the music industry is not in terminal decline but still holding ground and showing healthy profits," said study author Bart Cammaerts, senior lecturer in the LSE Department of Media and Communications, in a release. "Revenues from digital sales, subscription services, streaming and live performances compensate for the decline in revenues from the sale of CDs or records."Tue 11:21 am | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaTired of the spin and smears from Stephen Harper’s Conservatives? Join the NDP Truth Team and fight back:Tue 7:08 am | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaVous en avez assez des scandales & propagande de Stephen Harper? Prenez part à l’opération vérité du NPD :Tue 7:07 am | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyAnother book, by the same publishing house, To Be a Citizen: My Free China, by the lawyer and pro-democracy activist Xu Zhiyong (who is serving a four-year prison sentence for “gathering a crowd to disturb public order”), is not on the shelves, and any order for it receives a shake of the head. The censorship is subtle enough, though. On the ground floor, where books on Hong Kong are located, the are plenty of titles on the umbrella movement and people browse through them openly. However, those most prominently displayed are critical of the Occupy movement. An explicit campaign against “politically harmful publications in Hong Kong,” launched in China in 2012, has seen pressure put even on travel agents, who are threatened with unspecified fines if the tourists that come to Hong Kong through them return with “forbidden books” – the list of which has never been made public.Mon 8:42 pm | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyFrom our Twitter feed (@piratepartyca). Pultizer winner and investigative journalist Seymour M. Hersh claims Osama was already a prisoner when he was killed. And some in military and Pakistan partners was not happy that Obama rushed the announcement. http://www.lrb.co.uk/v37/n10/seymour-m-hersh/the-killing-of-osama-bin-laden The announcement coincided with Canada's election eve. Some journalist wondered if it will affect the election happening few hours the following day. https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/could-death-osama-bin-laden-help-conservatives-polls-193312491.html Election results shows Jack Layton's surge was limited to Quebec and Harper did get a majority. But did the announcement of Osama killing make you changed your vote from Jack Layton to Stephen Harper?Mon 7:26 pm | ,
- othThe Pirate Party"Every single thing Morrell said applies to what US officials leaked this weekend, if not more so. But since the leak about the ISIS raid was meant to glorify the Obama administration, instead of embarrassing it or exposing wrongdoing, everyone in the US government will pretend like it never happened. Either leaks exposing the “sources and methods” of surveillance are damaging to national security or they are not. Administration officials can’t have it both ways."Mon 4:51 pm | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaEnjoying some time outside this long weekend? Please take a moment to send Stephen Harper a message - tell him to protect our lakes and rivers for future generations.Mon 7:19 am | ,
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaNous ne pouvons pas laisser nos rivières et lacs sans protection - signez notre pétition afin d'exiger de Stephen Harper qu'il remette en place les mesures de protection nécessaires à nos cours d'eau.Mon 7:16 am | ,
- othThe Pirate PartySome of our active participants have been around for years! When did you first get involved with supporting the party? Is there anyone reading this who was a signatory of the party becoming registered? Or a former candidate?Sun 5:37 pm | ,
- othThe Pirate Party"Please make sure this information is released. I don't want to be in prison without anyone knowing the truth. This is bigger than me, it’s bigger than all of us. We are so close to a nuclear disaster it is shocking, and yet everybody is accepting the risk to the public." -Nuclear Whistleblower William McNeillySun 3:46 pm | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyIt’s possible to assume that the concept of “information advantage” arose as soon as civilizations broke beyond tribal stage. We can observe groups spying on each other in all parts of recorded history, and even though the winners write the (surviving) history books, we can see that those who knew more were also the ones who came out on top. There are many reasons for this. One is the straightforward concept of military intel: if you’re at war with somebody and know about their weaknesses, you can exploit them and get the upper hand. Most of the net generation are perfectly familiar with the concept of the Fog of War, and the value of sending scout drones early in a StarCraft game. But it’s more subtle than that. If you establish yourself as knowing more than others, for whatever reason, other people will start asking you for information. Information – perceived truth – will flow from you to others. This is one of the most powerful positions somebody can be in; it establishes the power of narrative, and it lets a group essentially dictate truth, enlighten people, or poison the news-well according to what fits their interest on any particular day, as long as they are perceived to still hold the information advantage.Sun 3:15 pm | ,
- othThe Pirate PartyHarper have a TARDIS machine. Rewriting law to a time before they were even passed. Just like the copyright extension, included in the omnibus budget bill that is not related to budget is a bill that will protect the government from their past potentially criminal actions. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/omnibus-budget-bill-alters-history-to-clear-rcmp-of-potential-criminal-charges/article24417074/
- othThe Pirate PartyHarper sneaked in copyright extension that will prevent a work from getting into public domain for the lifetime of a generation. It was included in the budget's omnibus bill that is unrelated to the budget. Here's a letter from Harper to Music Canada, formerly Canadian Recording Industry Association (CRIA), Canada's RIAA. The letter shows he capitulated to CRIA demand. http://www.michaelgeist.ca/2015/05/harper-letter-to-music-canada-on-budget-day-confirms-copyright-extension-the-product-of-industry-lobbying/ This only benefits the few artist favoured by the copyright cartel. Independent artists and the public are the losers. Help us campaign for the 2015 election. We will fight to reverse all these rent-seeking laws.
- othThe Pirate PartySurprising that the msm have not caught on to the real reason for NDP's surge and Liberal falls on the poll. Everyone including Conservative is underestimating the public's anger over C51.
- othThe Pirate PartyRCMP faces labour code charges for budget cuts leading to lack of equipments and trainings. Identified as cause for officer's death. Group also wants partisan chief Bob Paulson to resign. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/rcmp-faces-labour-code-charges-in-moncton-mountie-shootings-1.3075120
- othThe Pirate PartyNot sure if you’re registered to vote? Check and update online. Elections Canada created this tool to prevent voters getting disenfranchised by the new "Fair Election Act". https://ereg.elections.ca/CWelcome.aspx?lang=e
- othThe Pirate PartyThe Fair Elections act is a corrupt ploy to give Conservatives an information advantage in an election in which they risk being decimated to minor party status. It is a last ditch effort to suppress voters who are lining up around the block to heave steve. Asymmetrical information is a massive advantage against other parties because the conservatives alone can boldly abuse the loopholes they wrote themselves. For volunteer parties like the Pirate Party a massive amount of resources must be allocated to learning the ins and outs of the new bureaucracy.
- othThe Pirate Party"Extremists" are often mentioned in the same breath as "domestic terrorists," so with a little bit of rebranding, the FBI is now able to surveill people solely for their First Amendment-protected activities. That's handy and not totally unexpected, given the agency's long history of eyeballing activists who run contrary to its view on How Things Should Be. At one point, it was uppity blacks and encroaching homosexuals. Now, it's people who don't want an oil pipeline running through their neighborhoods. And, even though we know the FBI has clearly taken a stance on controversial issues in the past and shaped its surveillance activities accordingly, it's rather jarring to see an investigative agency decide who's right and wrong by issuing a statement (wrapped in a self-justifying plan of action) on behalf of one side of the issue. “The Keystone pipeline, as part of the oil and natural gas industry, is vital to the security and economy of the United States.”
- othThe Pirate Party"You're right that the terms 'libertarian socialist' seem to contradict in the United States, but that is a sign of the perversity of American culture. Here the word libertarian means the opposite of what it meant to everyone else all through history."
- othThe Pirate PartyThe term “libertarian” itself is even a corruption of its original meaning. It had been used since 1858 as a synonym for “anarchist” — that is, belonging to the socialist, left-wing, anti-private-property anarchist movement dating as far back as Proudhon. This changed around the 1970s, as the right-libertarian founding father Murray Rothbard boasted in 1979: "One gratifying aspect of our rise to some prominence is that, for the first time in my memory, we, “our side,” had captured a crucial word from the enemy…”Libertarians”…had long been simply a polite word for left-wing anarchists, that is for anti-private property anarchists, either of the communist or syndicalist variety. But now we had taken it over…"
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaWATCH: On Thursday night, Tom Mulcair shared his vision for a stronger middle class and a stronger Canada in Victoria. In case you missed it, here are some of the highlights.
- ndpNew Democratic Party of Canada“It’s so good to be back in Surrey.” - Tom Mulcair
- ndpNew Democratic Party of CanadaWith only five months until the next election, New Democrats will continue to work hard – to earn the trust of Canadians and unite progressives behind Tom Mulcair’s experienced leadership.
- ndpNew Democratic Party of Canada« Les néo-démocrates à Ottawa ont toutes les raisons d’être heureux »
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 ... 126 Next »