- MPconFri 9:56 pm | British Columbia, Port Moody—Westwood—Port Coquitlam
- MPconGail SheaStatement by Industry Minister James Moore on the Harper Government's Plan to End Paper Billing Practices Ottawa, August 29, 2014—The Honourable James Moore, Minister of Industry, made the following statement on pay-to-pay billing: "Today, the Harper Government is announcing that it will introduce legislation to end pay-to-pay billing practices in the telecommunications sector. Canadian consumers have been clear that they expect lower prices and better services from telecommunications providers. That is why our government committed to ending this unfair practice and putting the interests of Canadian consumers first. "More and more Canadians are finding a new charge appearing on their monthly bills, including their wireless bill. This fee is charged to those who receive their bill in the mail. Increasingly, many Canadians are being charged this new fee by companies from whom they have been receiving service for decades. We do not believe that Canadians should pay more to receive a paper copy of their telephone or wireless bill. "That is why, in the 2013 Speech from the Throne, our government committed to end this unfair practice once and for all. We will continue to promote policies that support Canadian consumers and put more money back in the pockets of hard-working Canadian families." http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=880079Fri 5:14 pm | Prince Edward Island, Egmont
- MPconGail SheaAtlantic Conservative Caucus highlights the 150th anniversary of the Charlottetown Conference Mill River, PEI – The Atlantic Conservative Caucus wrapped up its annual summer meeting today, held on Prince Edward Island. To highlight the 150th Anniversary of the Charlottetown Conference, the Atlantic Caucus extended invitations to one representative from each province and territory. Sitting together at a Unity Panel, Conservative Caucus Members from Coast to Coast to Coast discussed the benefits of Confederation, the foundations of which were discussed in 1864 right here on Prince Edward Island. “As a federal government our vision for growing Canada’s economy has resulted in our being the most stable country in the world. While each province has their own issues to contend with, our being part of the bigger whole, as a result of Confederation, has made us stronger on the world stage. Our best interests are served when we are united in our efforts to do what is best for all Canadians, and that is what is best for all provinces and territories,” said Minister Shea. During this two-day meeting, members of the Atlantic Conservative Caucus also had the opportunity to hear presentations from representatives of the aerospace industry and to discuss opportunities in the energy sector. “It was a great pleasure to meet with all of my Atlantic colleagues on PEI to discuss key issues that matter most to Atlantic Canadians. Our Government has made jobs and long-term economic prosperity its top priority. Annual Atlantic Caucus meetings provide a unique and invaluable opportunity to sit down and explore key economic development opportunities in Atlantic Canada, from resource development to fisheries to aerospace,” said Atlantic Caucus Chair Rodney Weston. The 2014 Annual Atlantic Conservative Caucus attracted over one hundred guests from all over Canada to the beautiful Mill River Resort in Mill River, Prince Edward Island.Fri 5:05 pm | Prince Edward Island, Egmont
- MPconLeona AglukkaqI hope everyone has a fun and safe long weekend!Fri 2:27 pm | Territories (yk, nt, nu), Nunavut
- MPconGail SheaUnity Panel members,left, New Brunswick MP Mike Allen; Nova Scotia MP Gerald Keddy; Newfoundland Senator Elizabeth Marshall, Fisheries Minister Gail Shea; Yukon MP Ryan Leef; CRA Minister Kerri-Lynn Findley;Saskatchewan MP Randy Hobak, Quebec Senator Pierre-Claude Nolan and Alberta MP James Rajotte.Fri 2:10 pm | Prince Edward Island, Egmont
- MPconGail SheaIsland historian George Dalton chats with Quebec Senator Pierre-Claude Nolan following the Unit Panel.Fri 2:10 pm | Prince Edward Island, Egmont
- MPconFri 1:54 pm | Prince Edward Island, Egmont
- MPconFri 12:07 pm | Prince Edward Island, Egmont
- MPconFri 12:04 pm | Prince Edward Island, Egmont
- MPconLeona AglukkaqI was honoured to join the PM on his ninth Nothern Tour this year. Here is a great video with some good footage and highlights of what we did on the trip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQZTFgK0Nzg&list=PL3DmZ_MO1MKQUA1Jqsr8sp3EXg5rGJBWRFri 4:56 am | Territories (yk, nt, nu), Nunavut
- MPconJason KenneyHow leadership from Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Jim Flaherty made Canada the place to look on taxes.Thu 1:03 pm | Alberta, Jeanne-Mance-Viger
- MPconThu 12:12 pm | Territories (yk, nt, nu), Nunavut
- MPconWed 9:20 am | Territories (yk, nt, nu), Nunavut
- MPconGail SheaElmsdale Corner GasWed 8:12 am | Prince Edward Island, Egmont
- MPconWed 7:22 am | Ontario, Eglinton—Lawrence
- MPconWed 5:59 am | Territories (yk, nt, nu), Nunavut
- MPconGail SheaLooking forward to welcoming all members of Atlantic Caucus to beautiful West Prince for our annual conference which begins today in Mill River!Wed 4:52 am | Prince Edward Island, Egmont
- MPconSteven FletcherIt was an honour and a privilege to attend today's Citizenship Ceremony at the Via Rail Station where 78 people from 21 different countries became Canadians.Aug 26, 2014 2:06 pm | Manitoba, Charleswood—St. James—Assiniboia
- MPconLeona AglukkaqMy office held a passport clinic in Cambridge Bay last week and the Prime Minister showed up to support us!Aug 26, 2014 1:50 pm | Territories (yk, nt, nu), Nunavut
- MPconLeona AglukkaqHiking at Sylvia Grinnell Park with Mrs. Harper.Aug 26, 2014 9:51 am | Territories (yk, nt, nu), Nunavut
- MPconAug 26, 2014 9:19 am | Prince Edward Island, Egmont
- MPconGail SheaEgmont MP and Minister of Fisheries and Oceans Gail Shea poses with the Mothers and Fathers of Confederation during the unveiling of the Coin marking the 150th anniversary of the Charlotetown and Quebec City Conferences.Aug 26, 2014 9:12 am | Prince Edward Island, Egmont
- MPconAug 26, 2014 9:05 am | Prince Edward Island, Egmont
- MPconGail SheaMinister Fast gets a tour of Royal Star Fisheries in Tignish with general manager Francis Morrissey.
- MPconGail SheaGeneral manager of Royal Star Fisheries, Francis Morrissey, explains a new product line to International Trade Minister Ed Fast during a tour of Royal Star Fisheries in Tignish.
- MPconGail SheaEgmont MP and Minister of Fisheries and Oceans Gail Shea toured PEI with International Trade Minster Ed Fast recently and took him to her home of Tignish. There the two ministers toured Royal Star Fisheries with general manager Francis Morrissey, right.
- MPconMaxime BernierRAPPEL: 3e Clinique d’information des aînés - le mercredi 3 septembre Un mot pour vous rappeler que suite au succès de mes deux premières Cliniques d’information des aînés, c’est avec plaisir que je vous invite à ma 3e Clinique d’information des aînés qui se tiendra le mercredi 3 septembre de 10 h à 16 h au Georgesville (300, 118e Rue, Saint-Georges). L’admission est gratuite. Encore une fois, vous bénéficierez de conseils utiles et efficaces de 36 exposants et de sept conférenciers de qualité. Il s’agit d’un accès privilégié aux ressources qui sont disponibles pour vous, chers aînés. C’est une occasion pour vous d’être mieux informés, tout en établissant des contacts directs. Sur place : · Ressources et services de soutien pour les aînés · Accompagnement dans la défense des droits · Soutien et maintien à domicile · Assistance morale, physique et matérielle · Santé : prévention, dépistage, services sociaux, etc. · Services gouvernementaux : Sécurité de la vieillesse, crédits d’impôt, allocations, assurance-médicament, droits, soutien, etc. · Ressources d’habitation · Prévention et sécurité · Activités et programmes pour les aînés Conférenciers-invités : 10 h 30 : François Décary, directeur de l’Association coopérative d’économie familiale-Appalaches-Beauce-Etchemins / Vos droits, une question de respect 11 h 10 : Maxime Bernier, député de Beauce / Mes bureaux au service des aînés 11 h 50 : Hélène Morin, présidente de l’Association québécoise de défense des droits des personnes retraitées / Gardons le contrôle de notre vie 13 h 00 : Nathalie Frenette, directrice générale de la Coopérative de services à domicile Beauce-Sartigan / Les aides financières disponibles pour le maintien à domicile 13 h 40 : Marie-Claude Gagnon, conseillère Centre d’assistance et d’accompagnement aux plaintes Chaudière-Appalaches / Procédure pour le dépôt d’une plainte et démarche de conciliation 14 h 20 : Cathy Denis, conseillère à la qualité au Curateur public du Québec / Et si je deviens incapable de prendre des décisions pour moi-même, qui le ferait à ma place? 15 h 00 : Andrée-Sophie Levasseur, agente de soutien à la communauté à la Société canadienne du cancer Division Québec / La Société canadienne du cancer : Prévention et services Venez en grand nombre, MaximeAug 26, 2014 5:35 am | Quebec, Beauce
- MPconJoe Oliver#ALSIceBucketChallenge complete. You’re up next Toronto Mayoral Candidate John Tory, NDP MP Nathan Cullen and Ontario Finance Minister Charles Sousa.Aug 25, 2014 4:01 pm | Ontario, Eglinton—Lawrence
- MPconLeona AglukkaqMy colleague Ryan Leef, MP for Yukon, has responded to my ALS Ice Bucket Challenge by jumping into the Arctic Ocean!Aug 25, 2014 3:50 pm | Territories (yk, nt, nu), Nunavut
- MPconLeona AglukkaqThe PM and Mrs. Harper and four Canadian Olympic athletes with some local children in Iqaluit as part of the Canadian Tire Project North.Aug 25, 2014 3:45 pm | Territories (yk, nt, nu), Nunavut
- MPconJason KenneyHelping employers train Canadians for jobs that need to be filled will help their businesses grow and succeed. And that is good news for the Saskatchewan economy. http://is.gd/5PUKLBAug 25, 2014 3:01 pm | Alberta, Jeanne-Mance-Viger
- MPconJason KenneyEn aidant les employeurs à former des Canadiens pour qu’ils puissent occuper les emplois vacants, nous contribuerons à assurer la croissance et la réussite des entreprises. Il s’agit là d’une bonne nouvelle pour l’économie de la Saskatchewan. http://is.gd/lVIh9XAug 25, 2014 3:00 pm | Alberta, Jeanne-Mance-Viger
- MPconAug 25, 2014 1:17 pm | Territories (yk, nt, nu), Nunavut
- MPconLeona AglukkaqThe Prime Minister and Mayor Charlie Enuaraq of Pond Inlet and his wife.
- MPconLeona AglukkaqThe Prime Minister and Pond Inlet MLA Joe Enook.
- MPconLeona AglukkaqArriving in Arctic Bay onboard the HMCS Kingston.
- MPconLeona AglukkaqThe Prime Minister meeting the MLA, Mayor and his wife, and council member in Pond Inlet.
- MPconLeona AglukkaqTravelling to Arctic Bay from Pond Inlet. Notice the ice bergs behind me!
- MPconLeona AglukkaqI had the privilege of joining the Prime Minister on the HMCS Kingston where we travelled part of the Northwest Passage and were shown some of the state of the art equipment being used in this year's Franklin Expedition search. You can find out more here: http://www.pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2014/08/25/pm-sails-northwest-passage-franklin-expedition-search-teamAug 25, 2014 12:43 pm | Territories (yk, nt, nu), Nunavut
- MPconLeona AglukkaqTwo days ago I was happy to host the Prime Minister in Cambridge Bay where he participated in the groundbreaking ceremony for the Canadian High Arctic Research Station. This was a key commitment of our government and it will be a world-class science facility that will directly benefit Northerners! Read more here: http://www.pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2014/08/23/pm-launches-construction-new-canadian-high-arctic-research-stationAug 25, 2014 12:37 pm | Territories (yk, nt, nu), Nunavut
- MPconLeona AglukkaqToday I joined the Prime Minister in Pond Inlet where he announced our government was making important investments to provide upgraded highspeed internet in Nunavut. This is a great announcement and good news! To find out more you can go here: http://www.pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2014/08/25/pm-announces-important-investment-boost-high-speed-internet-nunavut-and-nunavikAug 25, 2014 12:30 pm | Territories (yk, nt, nu), Nunavut
- MPconSteven FletcherMinister Finley is a huge Winnie-the-Pooh fan.Aug 25, 2014 9:11 am | Manitoba, Charleswood—St. James—Assiniboia
- MPconSteven FletcherI was pleased to show Minister Diane Finley the memorial stone from my EDA in memory of her husband, Senator Doug Finley. it's in Assiniboine Park by the Duck Pond.Aug 25, 2014 9:02 am | Manitoba, Charleswood—St. James—Assiniboia
- MPconAug 25, 2014 7:22 am | Prince Edward Island, Egmont
- MPconJason KenneySpoke at Montreal's moving Black Ribbon Day ceremony, remembering the millions murdered by Nazi and Communist regimes. Black Ribbon Day is a day of remembrance for victims of Communist and Nazi tyranny: http://is.gd/OkjYy2 Cérémonie émouvante pour la journée du ruban noir à MTL-prières pour les millions tués par régimes Nazi et communistes. Nous célébrons aujourd’hui la journée du Ruban noir, dédiée à la mémoire des victimes de la tyrannie http://is.gd/RYHn23Aug 24, 2014 8:24 am | Alberta, Jeanne-Mance-Viger